Google Reader Strikes Again
– Bookseer recommends your next book. Actually, I wasn’t very impressed with this, but I thought I’d link it for the old guy. He’s down.
– Article about Stephen Colbert with edits by Colbert. Hilarious for anyone who learned editing.
– A Softer World writes love poetry. (Not embedded for more sensitive readers.)
– The 100 most beautiful words in the English language? I have to admit, I have my arguments with this list.
– Real-life Moby Dick sighted. This is even more impressive if you ever spent a month in a college class discussing nothing but how THE WHALE IS WHITE. Yeah. We get it. It’s symbolic.
– Quote to leave you with, as tumblr‘ed by my brother:
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.”
– James Nicoll